The bike will be inspected by the workshop manager/mechanic upon arrival. A visual and mechanical check will be carried out to highlight worn/damaged components. This information will be conveyed to the customer and choice of replacement parts agreed. It will also be agreed that upon disassembly of all components from the frame, further components to be replaced will first be agreed with the customer. However the service centre reserves the right not to offer a full guarantee if, upon the advice of the mechanic/workshop manager, the owner of the cycle will not agree to the replacement.
The mechanic will, in all instances, endeavour to service a component before suggesting replacement of that part.
£95.00 + VAT labour charge for this service
- All components stripped from frame, checked for wear and cleaned if to be serviced/replaced, using our ultra sonic cleaner
- Frame alignment checked including, gear hanger, dropouts and rear triangle (if applicable). All re-aligned if possible. All threads checked, cleaned and tapped as necessary. Head tube and bottom bracket faces checked and refaced as necessary. In event of any re-alignment not being possible costumer to be advised at this point. Frame also checked for corrosion and any signs of irreversible damage
- All serviceable bearings to be stripped and re-greased using new ball bearings
- All cables renewed - inner and outer
- Wheels checked for rim wear, buckles and damage. If rim is 50% or less of original wall thickness from new, costumer to be advised to have rim replaced and wheels rebuilt or new wheel. Spokes checked for tension using spoke tension meter. Wheels trued as necessary. Cones and spindles checked for wear and replaced as necessary. Free hub body checked for wear and function
- All transmission components checked for wear and serviced or replaced as necessary. To include chain, cassette, pulley wheels, adjuster screws and chainring(s). Ensure all adjuster screws are not binding. Greased as necessary
- Brakes checked for wear and brake pads replaced as necessary. Brake fluid replaced in hydraulic brakes and bled for maximum efficiency
- Headset checked for play/wear and serviced as necessary
- Pedals serviced if possible
- All components reassembled on to frame using correct torque settings where applicable. Transmission and brakes set for optimum function and efficiency
- Road tested and signed off as being roadworthy by mechanic
- Note all parts used are not included in the price of service
- Suspension fork service is not part of the platinum service. This is a separate service. However, obvious faults in suspension forks to be highlighted to customer at the time the cycle is booked in for service
NEED TO FIND SOMETHING?